Welcome to Mettl proctoring!
WInnForum requires that a CPI pass the WInnForum approved testing. A minimum of 75% is required for a learner to have successfully passed the exam.
A CPI records information that is important for the security of defense and other federal users. There are strict requirements to identification and accountability for the test taker on the path to becoming a CPI.
Steps to take and complete the e-Proctored exam:
- Test-taker will receive a test link in the email that was used during the CPI course. Click on the link to begin the e-proctored exam. Date and time of the test will be mentioned in the email.
- The test-taker is encouraged to find a quiet and lighted setting for the exam.
- The test-taker will need a computer with internet connectivity, audio and web camera.
- The proctor will be able to monitor the test-taker through the video camera for the duration of the exam.
- The test-taker will be requested to validate the identity by holding a Government issued ID to the camera.
- Once the identity is validated, the test is launched with the help of the proctor.
- Test-taker completes the exam. If the passing marks are 75% or more, the test-taker is considered successful.
- Test-taker completes and the test and can close the browser.
Steps during Proctoring:
Below process highlights, the lifecycle of the CPI certification examination. Process flow and screenshots have been provided to guide the user.
Prior to taking the test on a machine, please note that:
Mettl Proctored Assessments are not supported on Mobile devices (eg. Cellphone / Smartphones / Pads / Tablets), it is supported only on a Desktop/Laptop system equipped with Windows OS (Version 7 & above) or IOS OS.
Mettl Proctored Assessments are not supported on Edge browsers.
To ensure optimal performance during test taking, please ensure:
- An internet connectivity of at-least 512 kbps.
- An up to date version of Supported Browser installed on the computer.
- The pop-up blocker is disabled. (Disable Pop Up Blocker)
- Check the webcam before test, should be in a working condition.
- Turn off chat applications (Google talk, yahoo messenger etc), antivirus, auto updates, and other notifications.
You can take test in any of the following browsers:
|For (Proctored test)|
|Chrome version||63 and above|
|IE version||9 and above|
|Firefox version||52 and above|
12 and above
You can also check your system compatibility by clicking here: Check System Compatibility
Please follow the steps for an optimal examination experience:
1. Once you have signed up successfully and completed the course on C3spectra, you will receive an email with the test link. (Check Spam or Junk folder in case email is not received).
2. After clicking on the link, you will be redirected to a new tab on the same browser (refer above for list of supported browsers). You are required to provide access to the microphone and webcam before the registration can proceed.
3. Once the access is successfully provided, you will be prompted to fill in your details in 3 parts:
a. Registration Details: Remember, you will NOT be able to start the test if you input an email ID different than the one used to register on C3spectra. The fields marked * are mandatory.
b. View of the Face/Take Picture: This is required so that C3Spectra admins can verify your identity against the Photo ID in step c.
c. Show a valid and current Government issued ID: This will be verified against step b. by the proctor. The name on the ID and the registration details submitted should match.
4. Verification Complete by Proctor: This completes the identity verification. The proctor may ask to the test taker to show the government id, incase if there are any technical difficulties resulting unclear images.
5. Start Test Button: After verification is complete, you will be given access to the Start Test Button. You can now begin your test.
6. During Test: During the test, the proctor will be able to monitor you, your surroundings as well as the events on your screen. Through the chat box in the bottom right corner, the proctor can send you instructions and you can ask them queries related to the test. The proctors will NOT answer any queries related to the questions or the test content.
7. Submitting the Test: Once you click on the finish test button, the summary of your attempts will be presented. You can go back to the test or click on ‘Yes, Finish Test’ to submit it early.
8. Test Completed: Once the test is submitted, you will receive a feedback form. The feedback form is optional. You may choose to skip it by re-clicking “Submit” button. You may now close the test window.
1. Mettl servers or chat server are not accessible
- Make sure your internet is working and you do not have an intermittent network connectivity.
- Please refer to the network and firewall settings.
2. Test loading takes time:
- If the test loading takes longer than usual, please try clearing the caches and cookies .
- You may try running the test on private or incognito mode.
- You may also check if there are any installed plugins or extensions in your browser that are impeding the test load. Check add-ons.
- Please ensure that you are using the latest version of the browser.
3.Webcam not found:
- Please make sure that no applications are running in the background while giving a proctored assessment.
- Also, do not initiate the webcam manually
- If this error appears, close the camera and the test window (Never click on finish test), close the webcam if it’s running, and start the test again.
- This error may also occur if you have any third party softwares like cyberlink youcam, Camfrog Video Chat ManyCam etc
If you have any such software, uninstall it and restart your computer before trying the test again.
4. Java Not found:
If you are getting this error message, please visit the JAVA website.
On the web page you need to click on
Once you have installed JAVA on the system, restart your browser and follow the instructions on screen. If you are getting “Java Not Found” even after installing latest version of Java.
Check if the permission as ‘Always Activate’ is assigned to Java add-on as shown in this screen:
Please follow the below steps to manually activate the plugins in browser:
- Click the menu button and choose Add-ons. The Add-ons Manager tab will open.
- In the Add-ons Manager tab, select the Plugins panel.
- Click on the Java(TM) Platform plugin to select it.
- Select Always Activate in its drop-down menu.